Wow. We are coming up to another year of VulcLAN and this year is #14. That’s right – 14 years. BCCHardware is proud to announce our annual LAN Party – VulcLAN 2016!. Last year was fantastic thanks to the support of our sponsors and to all who attended. This year looks to be absolutely incredible. More details below.
Turn West into Vulcan at main entrace. Follow center street across train tracks and go straight through two four-way stops. VulcLAN 2016 is at 229 Center Street just a few doors up from Dallmann Computers.
February 25, 4:00 pm – February 28, 2016, 2:00pm. (Doors Open at 3:00 pm on February 25 for guests and we have to clear out by February 28, 2016 at 2:00pm).
$30 for Pre-Registration (Includes Registration and Draws) / or $35 at the door.
- League of Legends *
- Call of Duty 4 *
- Heroes of the Storm
- Halo 4 / Halo 5 (XBOX One) *
- Unreal Tournament (New) *
* Official Tournament (other games will have fun tournaments available).
This LAN party costs $30 to attend (if you pre-register). If you pre-register, you will be entered into a grand prize draw. Everyone who attends will be entered into the other draws that are available, but pre-registration is highly encouraged. You can pre-register here. If you want to pay at the door – the cost will be $35. If you can’t do PayPal, you can drop payment off at Dallmann Computers at 215 Center Street, in Vulcan, Alberta prior to February 25. On all of your registration, please include your seat number, email address, handle and real name.
Due to some complaints about under-age children running amok, we are instituting a few age restrictions again this year.
- Any players 14-years old and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Players under the age of 18 will be required to leave at 12:00am (midnight).
- VulcLAN will be shutting down at 2:00am each evening and resuming at 10:00am each morning. This allows organizers to get some sleep.
- There will be absolutely no “sleepovers” at VulcLAN 2016. The only people allowed to stay are for security.
We’d also like to mention while we fully expect our internet to ROCK LIKE AWESOME THIS YEAR, one never knows. As always, please make sure you have all the patches for your games and all your games patched up and installed before you come to the LAN party.
What to Bring?
- Your computer (Case, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick, Mouse Pad, Headphones (No Speakers Allowed), also bring along a mic as we will have a Team Speak / Mumble server running so the teams can talk during matches)
- The games pre-installed and patched up ready to go. We don’t advocate piracy so make sure you have things installed before you come.
- Power Bar and Extension Cord (We will also have some of these, but we can always use extension cords and more power bars.)
- Updated Anti-Virus software and a full scan before you plug into the network. No one wants a virus, so take care of business before you come.
- Everyone is responsible for their own equipment.
- No Alcohol or smoking tobaco. (This is an All-Ages LAN Party)
- Also please make sure that everything on your computer is running before you come to the LAN party, if you are unsure if your computer is up to snuff, you may want to talk to your tech-friends and drop a line over at BCCHardware and get your rig tuned up, or perhaps get that pre-LAN party upgrade.
- By registering for VulcLAN 2016 you agree to these rules.